Sunday, November 9, 2008

Checking in

Just checking in......here is the Laurel Burch panel I am working on. Just wanted to show you someting quilty.

Are you glad the election is over? Me, too! My new job as assistant town clerk has given me a new perspective on elections. I worked many hours of overtime in preparation for the big day. Many, many people came in to absentee vote or pick up/drop off ballots.

On Tuesday I thought I would not come home until 2 in the morning, but was able to leave a bit after 11. I had not been able to keep up with any of the election coverage after the polls closed, so I was surprised to hear John McCain speaking on the radio when I got in the car. Then, it dawned on me that he was giving a concession speech. The results were in already!

As some of you may know, I am very pleased with the results!

I was just listening to a knitting podcast before getting online. The host mentioned supporting local yarn stores in these tough economic times, even if they may charge a bit more than online stores. I think the same goes for our local fabric stores. We want them to stay in business, don't we?

That is not to say that we should all go out and shop. Many quilters have a more than adequate stash to ride out any economic downturn. I know I am one of them. I think that is one thing I like about scrap quilts and the little five inch blocks I have been making. It is good to be frugal sometimes and I really enjoy scrappy quilts.

By the way, Sarah Ann Smith has offered to help me find the answer to my machine quilting woes. I have been thinking of buying a new seam ripper and ripping out all the quilting in Holiday Chorus and starting again. Thinking about it....
Here I am at Basin Pond on the way up the Chimney Pond trail at Baxter last fall. Mighty fine.

No comments: