Sunday, June 6, 2010

Zoe French


My dear daughter gave me a blog makeover. Zoe recently graduated from UMaine with a BA in New Media. She specializes in webpage design. She whipped this new look up for me in no time. I love it and I hope you do, too. Here she is with her BF Jesse.


I've been working on my Lone Star quilt this afternoon. Quilting diagonal lines through the borders. Once I go all around the quilt in one direction I want to stitch in the opposite direction for a crosshatch effect. If I didn't think I would die of the tedium I might go for a double line, but I don't really think that is going to happen.

Previously, I quilted the star with a free motion zigzag. Love that! I free motion quilted around the roses and butterflies. That was fun.

This is one corner of the Art Quilts Maine challenge quilt I have finished. It is for the Maine Quilts show in July. Can't show any more than this until next week! Next Saturday is the big reveal of all our challenge pieces at our AQ meeting. We had to include a something from the hardware store. This is just a little something to pique your interest

This is a little machine applique project I am playing around with. That means that I didn't really want to finish any of my other projects that have deadlines, so why not start something new? The pattern was from a magazine I got from the library. Probably Quiltmaker. I used a number of pieces from a William Morris collection I bought. I don't usually buy fabrics that are grayed, but I really like these. This piece was on hold while I bought more thread to match and I haven't done anything with it since.


Here's a little redwork piece. These are so fun to make. Quick to embroider and sweet on the wall. Not finished. I-really-need-to-finish-my-star-quilt!!!

Do you like my new look? Leave a comment, I love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the header with all the kitties. Your daughter did a great job.

Margo in Maine said...

Love it...so much lighter...great header for cat lovers...great job!!!