Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sue Nickels and Pat Holly!


TQS just announced the block of the month for 2013. This stunning quilt is by sisters Sue Nickels and Pat Holly. I was fortunate enough to take a class with Sue at Maine Quilts a couple of years ago. She taught her machine quilting technique around applique in that class. I got to see her own quilts up close and was that ever fun!

I've never participated in the TQS block of the month, but this year I just have to! Kits will be offered and I really like this colorway, so I may have to splurge. Looks like a lot of work, doesn't it? The thing I like about these BOMs is that there are monthly videos to go along with the block. 

Do you like it, want to join in the fun? Here's the link: http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/5190

Enjoy your Saturday and don't forget to "fall back" tonight. Daylight savings time is over. Time for darkness and winter projects.

No comments: