Sunday, September 23, 2012

Summer and Winter

I'm taking a Quilt University class again. This is my fourth class and this one is called Journal Quilts. The first lesson taught us how to do mind mapping, a technique that starts with one word and that word leads to another word and then another word until you feel you have come to an end of that line of thought or associations. After that exercise is done you reflect a bit and come up with a phrase or poetry or an image in your mind. My mind map started with smart and it led to some very interesting places! Two branches or roads perhaps since this is a map led a loop de loop to the word life, which I liked. Another road led to the word deadening, which was interesting. Upon reflecting on the words in my mind map the phrase "Summer and Winter season our lives" came to me. I then added "1) Adjust to taste", like a recipe. What fun!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Ooh, I like this... very fun!