Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas to DH (and Weasley)

I pulled this "Turning Twenty" (Tricia Cobbs designer) out of my trunk of unfinished work earlier in December. When I was in Tacoma Lakes Quilters we made these quilts. The blocks are made from twenty fat quarters. Each fat quarter is cut in the same way to give you three pieces for the block and one for the border. Simply, easy, and fast. It was fun to make but I never completed it until this year, which is five or six years later.
I used a wool batt and bought a batik 108" wide backing fabric. This was the first time I used quilt backing fabric and I loved not having to seam the back. There was enough backing fabric left over to make the binding. I did an allover meander on my domestic machine.

Weasely thinks I made this quilt just for him, but it is really for my dear husband to keep him warm on the sofa. "Lap" quilts just aren't big enough for a cold Maine winter!

No comments: