Monday, May 21, 2012

Bullion Rose and Petunias


We had perfect weather here in my part of the world this weekend. Clear blue sky, temps in the upper 70s and dry with low humidity. It could stay like this all summer and I would be very happy. I bought two baskets of petunias at a local farmstand. 


Purple petunias from Mother's Day. Thanks, Bill!




Purple pansies from my birthday. Thanks, Gaye!




TAST Week 20 Bullion Knot
I made a bullion rose. It is about the size of a dime, quite small. I had difficulty with this stitch with other threads but this one is with 3 strands of embroidery floss. One of the keys to making this stitch is to use a milliner's needle. It is very narrow at the eye, not wider than the shaft so the needle passes easily (or more easily) through the wrapped stitches. 
As always, you can see more TAST stitches at Pintangle. Sharon highlights some of the most interesting samples of the week and they are well worth a visit. 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I like your rose. I did not attempt the rose, I just did small flowers.