Friday, July 25, 2014

V-A-C-A-T-ION in the Summertime!

Yes, I am on vacation again! One week off, one week on, one week off-I like it!

It is that time of year again, time for Maine Quilts. I went to the champagne preview last night and saw all the vendors and only some of the show. I am taking a class Saturday and will have a chance to look at the quilts before I volunteer from 3-5. I'm really looking forward to my class. It is being taught by Wendy Caton Reed of Bath, Maine. She's had many quilts in Maine Quilts and I just love her work. Last year she showed a potholder quilt which I had never even heard of before. The blocks are made and bound individually and then whip stitched together.


Here's a photo of Wendy's quilt from last year's show. I hope she brings it to the class. The supply list doesn't include fabric, just sewing machine and basic supplies, so I suppose she is providing us with material. The class is sold out. I know at least one of my friends has signed up, too. I can't wait!

No comments: