Sunday, April 15, 2012

Congratulations




Do you remember this quilt? It was featured on my blog last August. Here's what I said:
 Wow, that's a lot of ribbons! Cartoline da Venezia (Postcards from Venice) by Margaret Solomon Gunn. Best in Show! Fabulous. I couldn't do that in a million years. Just enjoy

Margaret entered this quilt in the American Quilters Society show held in Lancaster, PA this March. She won Honorable Mention in the Wall Quilt-Longarm/Midarm machine quilted category. Congratualtions Margaret Solomon Gunn of Gorham, Maine! Fabulous!


TAST Week 14-Stem Stitch
TAST Week 15: Stem Stitch. I was a little pressed for time this week so I practiced the stem stitch with three strands of Caron's Wildflower thread. I worked a trellis which is about 2 inches apart. I think this will be a nice basis for adding small motifs within the trellis.



Take A Stitch Tuesday is offered at Pintangle by SharonB. Take a look at her blog for more stitching goodness. Lots of crazy quilting eye candy!

Okay, the weather is too nice today to stay inside. Monday is a holiday here in New England. It is Patriot's Day, a holiday commemorating Paul Revere's ride in Boston and the start of the Revolutionary War. Huzzah!

2 comments:

viji said...

Fine colour combination and nice work.
viji

Mom said...

Hi,
Wow, gotta say, I am surprised to see this quilt (it's mine!) here. Did you go to Lancaster? Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if you made it to MQX last month, but two other of my quilts were there, and they both ribboned.

Margaret