Saturday, April 21, 2012

Forsythia and Flowers


Spring in Maine is a chancy thing. My birthday is in April so I have always loved Spring. We are as apt to have a foot of snow on the ground as green grass at this time of year. This year Spring has been very kind to us as you can see by the yellow sprays of forsythia in the back garden. Some years all we get are a few piddly blooms near the ground, but this year is glorious.

"Hoe while it is spring, and enjoy the best anticipations. It is not much matter if things do not turn out well." Charles Dudley Warner

I like that quote. It sounds like me and my many projects. It is always so lovely to start something, isn't it?

"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." Doug Larson

Now that sounds like Maine! 




I used the trellis worked in stem stitch from last week. Two strands of DMC embroidery floss. SharonB gave a good tip for working French knots on Pintangle. Use a milliner's needle as the eye is the same width as the needle and your French knot will not slip through to the hole. 


Last weekend I layered and pinned the new purple Ann quilt I am making. Tomorrow I hope to machine quilt all day. Pictures to follow.

Enjoy Spring wherever you are!

1 comment:

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your french knots look lovely. Using a milliner needle was a great tip that Sharon gave us :)