Monday, January 20, 2014

3 Day Weekend


I love a 3 day weekend! Not only is the weekend great but you have a short work week, too. Today I spent much of the day in my sewing room. This pic is a bit blurry, but you can see what happened! The upper mug is one I use to hold a little ruler, small scissors, and a seam ripper so it is handy. Guess I should not have put my coffee cup there! When worlds collide! It made me laugh. And see, I didn't do it just once, but twice!


I finished the 20 blocks for the "Alexander's Bean Pot" miniature quilt from Carol Hopkins book Civil War Legacies. Hurrah!

On Saturday I met my friend Donna at the Busy Thimble in Litchfield and she helped me pick out some fabric for the border and sashing. I brought along my blocks and we tested a few fabrics before picking these.

The red fabric and the cream will be the sashing fabrics between the blocks. The green and red will be the four inch border around the quilt. There will be enough of that for the binding, too.

2014 is off to a great start!

No comments: