Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Let's look at last year


Updating my blog after a lengthy stretch of silence. It's not that I haven't been busy, I've just neglected writing my blog. So let's take a look at what I've made. 

I don't really like to make bags and pouches but decided I needed a few new totebags. Recently I cleaned up my sewing room and discovered a few very nice bags I had made over the years but, guess what? Filled with unfinished projects! 

First up is the Clydebank tote offered from Sew Sweetness. She has a very detailed video tutorial to make this bag. I admit I got the handles wrong on the first try. I attached the handles (top seam) so that the bag looked more like a tank top. Hard to thread that over your shoulder! After a seam ripper session, all was well. 


Lots of roomy zippers.


Totebag with zipper. Easy to make but a lot of pieces. Nice pockets on the inside, too. 


Scrappy totebag

No comments: