You may have noticed "Maine Quilt Blogs" at the bottom of my lists on the left. I am trying to create a web ring. I have activated the account but it is "in queue", so nothing exciting happens when you click on it. I have seen so many rings on other sites, I thought it would be fun to have one for Maine quilters. My daughter is helping me to get this going and is going to make a banner soon. I'll let you know when you can join.
The other thing I am learning is that sometimes you can make a plan, but it doesn't always turn out the way you thought it would.(Well, that's not exactly earth-shattering news, is it?) I cut out all the 6-inch squares for my Asian quilt. I had fun laying them out on the floor. Then I put the blue print 2-inch squares down on top of the prints. I didn't really like it, which was a surprise. I quickly cut some squares out of black fabric and set those down. The black squares looked really good!
I had thought that I would have so many black background fabrics that the black squares would disappear. Not so. I've kept one large piece of fabric with a big pattern and a black background for the border. The blue print just seemed to disappear.
I had my daughter look at my layout. She prefers the black, too. What she said made a lot of sense: there are so many prints that the black fabric gives the eye a place to rest. I think she is right.
Now, on to picnic preparations! I already have the ants on the kitchen counter. Sigh. Borax and sugar works really well at getting rid of them. Onward!