Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quick note



Just a quick note to remind my Maine quilting friends that the Pine Tree Quilter's Guild members' meeting is this Saturday. I knew it was coming up, but was surprised when I saw that it is this Saturday, September 6 starting at 9:30 a.m. at Jewett Hall in Augusta.

The guild has three members' meetings each year. We have a business meeting in the morning where those in the audience bring handwork and listen to various reports ranging from a long report on the Maine Quilts show to brief reports from the Area reps. It is all interesting and a good chance to see members from other chapters and catch up on their news, too. After lunch the guest speaker will be Jan Krueger from Wisconson. Jan will be giving a talk titled "I Love Log Cabins."

While looking at the guild website I saw information and photos of the winners and their quilts from the August show. In due time all the quilts will be up on the website, I'm sure.J104 "Pennsylvania Palette" by Wendy Caton Reed received an Exceptional Merit ribbon and was selected Judge's Choice (Dianne S. Hire) and Merchants' Choice.

Take a look and see if your favorite quilt won a ribbon! Isn't it nice to see the quilt maker beside their quilt?

P.S. Don't forget your lunch and camera on Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

Thanks for visiting Henbogle. I suspect the reason we are growing similar tomatoes is that I purchased some of my plants at the fabulous Bowdoinham Library Plant Sale. It is nice to meet a blogging neighbor, I live in the town to the north, come and visit someday :-)

Happy retirement from the BPL!
Ali